Several times in the past few months, I've written about new Google features where PageRank was involved.
Unfortunately, Google itself has very poor information about PageRank that I could use for those wanting to learn more about it. To solve that, here's a guide to PageRank, designed for searchers and site owners alike.
This is fairly long article. To help, you can jump to particular sections of key interest, if you like:
- Google's Definition: PageRank As Votes
- Recent Google Edits Emphasize PageRank Just One Of Many Factors
- PageRank For Searchers: Google Toolbar
- PR Stands For PageRank, Not Public Relations
- PageRank In The Google Directory
- PageRank For SEOs
- Seeing PageRank In Search Rankings
- PageRank Versus "Toolbar" PageRank
- PageRank Tech Talk
- Conclusion (Especially For Those Thinking I Don't Have Time To Read)
What Is Google PageRank? A Guide For Searchers & Webmasters