You may have read the announcements last week that Google finally launched their highly anticipated Business Platform for Google+. Google Business Pages allow businesses and brands to own a space on Google+ to connect and engage with consumers. While it can be exciting to have a new marketing channel and opportunity tap into, it is important that hoteliers consider the following before jumping right in:
21 Nov 2011
What Hotel Marketers Should Consider When Using Google+ Business Pages
8 Nov 2011
Great article by Danny Sullivan on Google + Pages:
"Finally, Google is now allowing businesses, brands and any non-human entity to participate in its Google+ social network, through new Google+ Pages that are launching today, promised to be available to everyone within the next two days."
Google+ Pages Now Open For Businesses, Brands, Places & More
Google+ Pages are extremely similar to Google+ profiles, but they have some key differences:
- Pages can’t add people to circles until the page is added first or mentioned. Learn more.
- Pages can be made for a variety of different entities whereas profiles can only be made for people.
- The default privacy setting for elements on your page profile is public.
- Pages have the +1 button.
- Pages can’t +1 other pages, nor can they +1 stuff on the Web.
- Pages can’t play games.
- Pages don’t have the option to share to ‘Extended circles’.
- Pages don’t receive notifications via email, text, or in the Google bar.
- Pages can’t hangout on a mobile device.
- Local pages have special fields that help people find the business’ physical location. Learn more about local pages.
Differences between Google+ Pages and Google+ Profiles