Natalie Eisenberg, account executive at Lawrence & Schiller, prepared this list of six suggestions for companies that have been hesitant to take the first steps into marketing their efforts to sustain the environment.
- Don’t Wait. You don’t have to be completely green before promoting your efforts. Celebrate and communicate your small successes.
- Perfection is not the goal. Focus on progress and improvement.
- Be Yourself. Stay true to your brand voice and personality when tackling and marketing environmental efforts.
- “What’s in it for me?” Green fatigue is real. Be ware of ’save the world’ messages. Instead communicate the primary benefits for your customers.
- Walk the walk. Do as much as possible.
- Be Prepared. Expect criticism. Get ready to explain your company’s position.